Low Carb Soft Pretzels
Tasty low carb soft pretzels are made with a healthy dough. They are flavorful, chewy, and make a great low carb snack.
- 3 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 4 Tablespoons of Cream Cheese
- 1 ½ Cups of Almond Flour
- 2 Teaspoons of Xanthum Gum
- 2 Eggs, At Room Temperature
- 2 Teaspoons of Dried Yeast, Approximately 1 Sachet
- 2 Tablespoons of Warm Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter, Melted
- 1 Tablespoon of Pretzel Salt
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F.
- In a microwave safe dish, place the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese and microwave in 30 sec increments, stirring in between, until fully melted and almost liquid.
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and allow it to sit and activate for 2 minutes.
- In your stand mixer (using the dough hook attachment), place the almond meal and Xanthum gum and mix well.
- Add the eggs, yeast mixture and 1 tablespoon of the melted butter and mix well.
- Add the hot melted cheese to the stand mixer and allow it to knead the dough until all the ingredients are fully combined. Around 5-10 minutes.
- Split the dough into 12 balls. The dough is easiest to work with while it is warm.
- Roll each ball into a long skinny log and twist into a pretzel shape. Place on a lined cookie sheet and give a little space with side as the pretzels will rise.
- Brush the pretzels with the remaining butter and sprinkle with pretzel salt.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- When the pretzels are golden brown, remove them from the oven. Don’t burn your fingers trying to eat them immediately.
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe http://ketogenicrecipes.org/
For More Great Recipes Like This One Visit Keto Kitchen